Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Homebrew Experience (Take 1, continued...)

Got up at 6:30 this morning for baseball and discovered my fermentation vessel was foaming over. Luckily I caught it in time to prevent a big mess. I rigged up a hose to allow the overflow to spill into a bucket, and I think I was able to clean out the airlock lock (basically an "S" shaped plastic vessel that allows gas to escape the tank while keeping contaminants out) well enough to salvage it.

We won both games today (2/5, 2 RBI, BB) which puts us at 2-4 on the season so far. Beautiful day, 70° and sunny. Public transportation to some of these fields is a nightmare (I hate you SEPTA!), but today it turned out to be worth the hassle.

So now I'm home again and have resolved the first homebrew crisis. The sanitized airlock is back in place and bubbling away quite rhythmically. I think I'll take a nap before the Sox play tonight.

No comments: